Cabrera Capital’s municipal sales & trading desk is staffed with experienced professionals with an average of 25 years of experience. This depth of knowledge is spread across many sectors including all areas of the tax-free market as well as taxable municipals. The muni desk is capitalized to provide liquidity and bid/ask markets on a daily basis and uses the depth of experience on the desk to generate timely ideas incorporating current market conditions and technical variances in play.
Our secondary effort is predicated on customer service. Unlike major Wall Street firms who put a lot of capital in proprietary trading efforts, Cabrera’s secondary position is dictated by our customers. Every position begins with two fundamental questions in mind. Are we providing liquidity to a customer and/or are we positioning a security that fits our customer’s needs? In addition to a robust secondary position, the municipal bond team works closely with public finance to support their primary market efforts. Public Finance has successfully underwritten tax free as well as notable taxable municipal bond issues and the sales and trading department has supported those deals in follow up market activity.
- Experienced professionals consisting of trading, underwriting & sales.
- Provides daily bid/ask markets as well as a position of municipal inventory.
- Assists customers with market insight via published market commentary and analysis.
- 2019: Cabrera traded 1.9 billion in secondary par value.
- 2019: Cabrera was involved in 143 primary market transactions totaling $64 billion.