About the Position
Location: Chicago or New York
About: Cabrera Capital Markets is a boutique investment bank that is a trusted advisor to founder-led small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) across a wide spectrum of sectors – from Industrial Services and Infrastructure Management to Emerging Tech and Digital Economy, and beyond.
Since the launch of Cabrera Capital Markets in 2001 – a platform that has executed over $1 trillion in debt and equity financings to date – we continue to build upon an extensive network of global relationships that connects clients with bespoke idea sets and creative resources that deliver measurable results.
Our team is heavily differentiated through its significant experience as entrepreneurs, operators, and private equity investors, which provides a unique set of lenses for advising clients through mergers & acquisitions (M&A) and strategic solutions that complement their narrative and vision.
Have you honed your skills as an IB Associate / Director / VP to a level where you believe you are ready to take the next step?
OR have you been hoping to become more thesis-driven in your approach to the advisory landscape?
OR maybe you are a talented member of a highly active corporate development team who is looking to diversify your approach to the SME landscape?
…if any of those thoughts resonate, we would enjoy the opportunity to learn more:
Please complete the following Form (takes less than 5 min): https://forms.office.com/r/Jdy48yKb2U
Description: The Advisory and Strategic Initiatives Division is looking to hire a highly proficient Vice President / Senior Associate with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our team and assist in growing our advisory practice. The individual will oversee incoming Analysts and Associates, while cultivating personal thesis for client / landscape development with the support of the team’s Managing Directors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluating, structuring, and recommending financial and strategic alternatives, including the analysis of mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic combinations, asset sales, and divestures.
- Leading the day-to-day execution of transactions, including due diligence, valuation analysis, and the negotiating of contracts and other agreements.
- Performing industry research and performing financial, economic, and valuation analysis of companies primed for M&A consideration or other strategic solutions
- Preparing written analysis and presentation materials, evaluating market opportunities for use by the firm and its clients.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Preferred
- Over 3 years of experience in investment banking or on a highly active corporate development team
- SIE and Series 79 required or within 90 days of hire
- Advanced analytical / modeling skills with practiced attention to detail
- Client-ready communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and evidence of strong time management
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel for client meetings and events during work hours, in the evenings and/or weekends, approximately 25%